The Cagliari Division of the National Institute of Nuclear Physics and the Department of Physics of the University of Cagliari have decided to propose the AggiornaMenti course, a physics teaching laboratory for secondary school teachers.
The course aims to transmit an active and collaborative teaching method of science, based on inductive teaching: it starts from the experiment and the observation of phenomena to understand the underlying physical laws.
The teaching approach of the course is based on “self-made” experiments of immediate reproducibility built with low cost and commonly available materials, which allow an inductive teaching even in contexts where the laboratories are scarce.
At the end of the course professors might ask for the support of researchers for the realization of an experiment in the classroom.
The course is recognized as a training and professional updating activity. At the end of the course a certificate of participation will be issued.
The course is divided into six didactic laboratories and a final meeting dedicated to clarifications, suggestions and discussion on the results in the different classes.
The second edition of Aggiornamenti is organized in six laboratories dedicated to practical demonstrations or experiments to be performed in class on the following topics:
- Mechanics. Forces and laws of motion: gravity, principles of dynamics and body equilibrium.
- Fluids. Pressure, Archimede’s principle, flotation of bodies. Liquid and gas properties, atmospheric pressure. Principles of flight.
- Electricity e magnetism. Electrification and magnetization of bodies. Construction of an electroscope and a compass.
- Electric circuits. Conductors and isolators. The use of tester for electric measurements. LED.
- The light. Experiments on light properties: light propagation through different means. Reflection, rifraction, lenses, mirrors, optical fibers, interference and polarization. IR and UV light rays.
Interested teachers can sign up to the courses till September 30th, 2019. The limit on partecipants is fixed at max 20 persons. Please write at the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org to be inserted in the list of partecipants.
- Wednesday, 9 October 2019 – Mechanics
- Wednesday, 23 October 2019 – Fluids, part 1
- Wednesday, 6 November 2019 – Fluids, part 2
- Wednesday, 20 November 2019 – Electricity and Magnetism
- Wednesday, 4 December 2019 – Electric circuits
- Wednesday, 18 December 2019 – The light
- March or April 2020: final meeting.
The meetings will last approximately two hours and a half and will be held on Wednesday at 3 pm in the Department of Physics (Cittadella Universitaria di Monserrato).
For more information go to the page dedicated to the course:
Informations on the first edition of Aggiornamenti course can be found at the following page.