SoUP 2021 (School of Underground Physics) is an advanced school for PhD students, post-docs and young researchers willing to acquire deeper knowledge in topics related to underground physics.
The school will will take place from 28 June to 2 July 2021 and it will be online only.
The school includes lectures and hands-on sessions on:
- Instrumentation technologies
The school is online and free of charge and there will be proceedings published on Nuovo Cimento C for participants who present a poster.
Registrations are now open, the deadline is in June, 6th, 2021.
Topics and lecturers (list not exhaustive) are:
• Dark Matter phenomenology. Lecturer: Nicolao Fornengo (University and INFN of Torino)
• Neutrino phenomenology. Lecturer: Marco Pallavicini (University and INFN of Genova)
• Noble Liquid Detectors. Lecturer: Cristiano Galbiati (Princeton University and GSSI, l’Aquila)
• Solid State Detectors. Lecturer: Karoline Schaeffner (Max Planck Institute for Physics, Munich)
• New Photon Sensors and Readout. Lecturer: Alessandro Razeto (INFN LNGS)
• Statistics and MC for underground physics. Lecturer: Oliviero Cremonesi (INFN MIlano Bicocca and GSSI)
• Cryogenics for noble liquid detectors. Lecturer: Guillaume Plante (Columbia University, New York)
• Cryogenics for ultra-cold detectors. Lecturer: Carlo Bucci (INFN LNGS)
• Material screening. Lecturer: Roberto Santorelli (CIEMAT, Madrid)
• Hands-on session on statistics. Lecturers: Alessandro DeFalco (University of Cagliari, Italy), Pietro Di Gangi (INFN Bologna)
For information, please contact the organizers at email@example.com